Do you want to work with like-minded people and be rewarded for it? Does the challenge of determining the impact of tax law changes, untangling business issues, minimizing estate taxes, or managing family offices excite you?
Friedman + Huey, a leading tax, accounting, and consulting firm among the AICPA’s Group of 400 firms, isn’t your average accounting firm. We believe in delivering extraordinary client experiences by combining expertise with responsiveness and personalized service to ensure clients get the best solutions – no matter how big or small they may be!
We offer the best of both worlds: the technical resources and breadth of experience of a mid-sized accounting firm and the diversification, personal attention, and camaraderie of a smaller organization. Our team works with high-net-worth clients across multiple industries. We have the sophisticated clientele, services, and software larger firms have but deliver it via a more personalized service platform.
If we sound like the place where your skills can support our mission – and you’re ready to break the mold of what clients expect when working with their accountant – you could be the perfect fit as our next Tax Associate/Senior.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns, including ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely, accurately, and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Going deeper into our clients’ individual, entity, trust, estate, and gift tax returns to minimize their liabilities and identify new strategic planning opportunities
- Consulting with clients, reviewing their tax information, and responding to questions and concerns.
- General accounting for businesses to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of trial balances and related adjusting journal entries.
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience working in a CPA firm preparing and/or reviewing tax returns
- Prior experience with tax software (Sure prep, Go System, GFR preferred)
- An ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- The organization to multiple priorities, tasks, and simultaneous projects
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be part of an environment where you can develop and succeed personally and professionally, guided by our six core values of integrity, excellence, empowerment, teamwork, flexibility, and accountability, which you can review in more detail by clicking here.
We care about our employees as individuals and helping them grow their careers in the areas they’re interested in while balancing workloads. We have a mentoring program, but everyone is willing to help their co-workers, whether it be a question on a return or your career goals. We all work hard/play hard and have maintained team relationships even in a remote environment.
- Medical/dental insurance coverage
- MST and CPA reimbursement
- Annual bonus pool
- Work/life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Work from home
- Generous paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Office closed between Christmas and the New Year
This position can be in our suburban Homewood, Frankfort, or Northbrook, hybrid – or fully remote!
We’re always looking for innovative, driven professionals with a passion and understanding of accounting to bring their skill set to our team and clients. If this sounds like you, but this position doesn’t seem like the right fit, check out our other opportunities.