Do you want to work with like-minded people and be rewarded for it? Do you have supreme integrity, trust, and commitment to confidentiality and diplomacy? Are you self-driven, resourceful, and think outside of the box?
Friedman + Huey, a leading tax, accounting, and consulting firm among the AICPA’s Group of 400 firms, isn’t your average accounting firm. We believe in delivering extraordinary client experiences by combining expertise with responsiveness and personalized service to ensure clients get the best solutions – no matter how big or small they may be!
We offer the best of both worlds: the technical resources and breadth of experience of a mid-sized accounting firm and the diversification, personal attention, and camaraderie of a smaller organization. Our team works with high-net-worth clients across multiple industries. We have the sophisticated clientele, services, and software larger firms have but deliver it via a more personalized service platform.
If we sound like the place where your skills can support our mission – and you’re ready to break the mold of what clients expect when working with their accountant – you could be the perfect fit as our next Administrative Assistant.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Providing support for all staff
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls in a friendly manner
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Preparing mailings, UPS, FedEx and messenger packages, including going to the post office, FedEx or UPS facilities as needed
- Finalizing letters/notices and drafting engagement letters as requested
- Scanning client documents and monthly statements
- Creating client codes and locators and updating accounts in practice management program
- Preparing, printing and collating tax organizers
- Organizing and processing incoming client data
- Creating SurePrep binders
- Assembling paper and electronic tax returns (individual, trust, entities, gift tax, estate tax) using SafeSend
- Coordinating and preparing batch filing (monthly/deadlines)
- Recording chargeable client expenses
- Attending firm committee meetings and record meeting minutes
- Coordinating services to maintain the office as directed by office managing partner
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business administration preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years of administrative or operations experience supporting a partner and/or senior executives in a fast-paced, confidential, professional services environment
- Skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, high-level of emotional intelligence, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- An ability to incorporate creative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently
- A keen sense of accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- An advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite, with a certification and PowerBI experience a plus (skill testing required)
- Basic accounting knowledge (not required, but a plus)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be part of an environment where you can develop and succeed personally and professionally, guided by our six core values of integrity, excellence, empowerment, teamwork, flexibility, and accountability, which you can review in more detail by clicking here.
We care about our employees as individuals and helping them grow their careers in the areas they’re interested in while balancing workloads. We have a mentoring program, but everyone is willing to help their co-workers, whether it be a question on a return or your career goals. We all work hard/play hard and have maintained team relationships even in a remote environment.
- Medical/dental insurance coverage
- MST and CPA reimbursement
- Annual bonus pool
- Work/life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Work from home
- Generous paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Office closed between Christmas and the New Year
This position can be based in our Homewood or Northbrook offices.
We’re always looking for innovative, driven professionals with a passion and understanding of accounting to bring their skill set to our team and clients. If this sounds like you, but this position doesn’t seem like the right fit, check out our other opportunities.